At Willful we’re known for bringing the mundane task of estate planning out of the shadows and into the same conversation as insurance, financial planning and filing your taxes. While end-of-life planning is a very sensitive subject, our mission at Willful is to use technology and empathy to make the process as simple and painless as possible. It’s a great day at Willful when a customer finishes their will and writes to tell us “Hey, that was kind of fun!”
Giving people an accessible, dependable and affordable option is the fuel that drives us every day. We’ve helped thousands of customers create their wills and Power of Attorney documents since launching in 2017, and now we’re looking to hire someone to lead our customer service in Quebec.
What your role will encompass
In this role you will be providing customer service in English and French (Quebec) via email and live chat, and helping to improve our support library to make it easier for Quebec customers to complete their will. Main tasks will include:
- Replying to assigned Zendesk tickets: We use Zendesk to manage customer service inquiries. As Quebec-specific customer service requests come in, you will be assigned tickets to reply to in either French or English.
- Managing live chat: Live chat with customers in English or French to help them navigate our platform.
- Expanding customer service library: Editing, expanding, and adding new canned responses to improve customer responses.
- Working cross-functionally with other teams: Estate planning is complex, so you’ll work with our larger team to source answers to questions and escalate queries.
- Quebec notarial will executions: Facilitating notarial will executions with our Quebec partner notary, and working with customers to facilitate their execution of notarial wills.
This role will report to our CMO, and there will be a considerable amount of collaboration with our customer service lead.
Who you are:
- Experience: You have experience in customer service, account management, or an equivalent role.
- Communication: You’re a clear communicator in both French and English, whether you’re writing an email to a customer, presenting to a partner, or speaking with a customer on the phone. You can produce concise error-free writing.
- Learning style: You can absorb complex subject matter and distill it into simple language. You can also learn domain expertise in a new area over time.
- Zendesk experience
- Experience in/knowledge of the Quebec legal system
We don’t care where you went to school - or if you went to school - as long as you have a proven track record of success working with customers, you’re comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and you genuinely care about easing end-of-life planning for people and their families.
We have a commitment to diverse hiring, and are proud to say that 50% of our team members - including our CEO - are female-identifying.
This role is 100% remote.
Start date in mid-December 2020 for a January Willful launch in Quebec
We expect this role will require approximately 10-20 hours per week. Must be available between the hours of 9am-5pm.
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with your LinkedIn profile and a note outlining why you’d be a fit for this role.