Are you looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven startup that’s disrupting an entire industry and making a real impact in the lives of Canadians?
Willful is Canada’s leading online will platform that makes creating your estate plan affordable, convenient, and easy. More than half of Canadian adults don’t have a will, and while end-of-life planning can be difficult to talk about, our mission at Willful is to use technology and empathy to make the process as simple and painless as possible.
We’ve helped tens of thousands of customers create their wills and power of attorney documents since launching in 2017. Our user-friendly design has also caught the attention of major publications such as The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star, Global News, Betakit and more, and led to partnerships with industry leaders in banking, insurance and employee benefits programs, including CIBC, Wealthsimple, Sonnet, Allstate, and other well-known brands.
As we build a top-tier product organization, we’re looking to hire a Social Media & Content Marketing Intern who can build our awareness amongst Canadians, and achieve our mission of becoming Canada’s go-to platform for end-of-life planning.
What does it mean to be a Social Media & Content Marketing Intern at Willful?
As a Social Media & Content Marketing Intern, you’ll use a customer-centric approach to help execute and develop content marketing along with the rest of our marketing team. Our customers are people going through big life moments - new parents, newlyweds, homeowners, retirees - and we’re building a brand that meets people where they are.
Your role will help make Willful the smart, easy and obvious choice for the right customers.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Success in this role means supporting the marketing team to hit department-level sales targets as well as ongoing “rocks” attached to your role, while abiding by our values of Purpose, Empathy, Empowerment, Accountability, and Purpose. As a Social Media & Content Marketing Intern, you’ll get to own your own projects from start to finish so you know you’re making an impact.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Create click-worthy content: You’ll work closely with our Marketing Team to produce a variety of content pieces, including checklists, guides, and blogs for our education centre, all with the goal of helping Canadians make their wills.
- Support our social strategy: You’ll support our social media goals by writing copy and creating content for top platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Enable success with partners: You’ll help to execute on partnerships with charities, affiliates, and other partners. This may include writing blog posts, compiling assets, and fulfilling other partnership criteria.
While these will be your key areas of ownership, we’re a small team at Willful, so you’ll likely also work on a variety of other projects, from PR campaigns to research projects. We’re looking for someone who’s willing to pitch in where needed, even if it’s not expressly outlined in the job description.
This role will report to our Senior Marketing Manager and will require a considerable amount of collaboration with our customer service, business development and product teams.
Who you are
Note that Willful will be using a hiring grant for this role. In order to meet the requirements of that grant, the successful candidate must be registered at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution; and be eligible to work in Canada
- Written communication skills: You love to write. Whether it’s a blog post, or a 1,200-word long-form article, you can write succinctly and error-free.
- Content creator: You love TikTok and other social media platforms. You know what’s trending and you know how to create engaging content.
- Empathetic: You have a strong sense of empathy, have a desire to solve real problems for Canadians, and enjoy working directly with customers to understand their needs.
- Responsive communicator: You’re comfortable working in a highly cross-functional role, collaborating with and demonstrating your work to stakeholders across the business. You welcome differing perspectives.
- Resourceful: As a small team, we need people who can find the answer to any question. You’ll learn anything you need to to get your job done.
We’re looking for the right person to join our team who is eager to learn. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes but you think you’d be a good fit for the team – we encourage you to apply!
What we offer
- Meaningful work: You'll own projects from start to finish and be able to see the impact that you’ve made.
- Opportunities for coaching and mentorship: We’ll provide opportunities for you to learn and understand different areas of the business.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Flexible work hours: We accommodate your work and home life.
- Fun, inclusive quarterly team events and regular team lunches: (currently virtual)
We’re building a diverse team
Willful is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. We have a commitment to diverse hiring, and are proud to say that 50% of our team, and 50% of our C-level executives, are female-identifying.
Work where you want to
We’re looking for the right person to join our team so this role is 100% remote – as long as you’re eligible to work in Canada.
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday from Sept 2022 - Dec 2022
Interviewing at Willful
- Phone screening with Amanda, Senior Marketing Manager
- Interview with Senior Marketing Manager, Amanda Li and another member of the marketing team.
- Short assignment (1 hour max)
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.